විකිපීඩියා:කෝපි කඩේ (miscellaneous)
|කෝපි කඩේ: ප්රතිපත්ති • තාක්ෂණික • යෝජනා (ප්රස්ථීතික) • පරීක්ෂණාගාරය • අනෙකුත්|
|පනින්න: පටුනට | පළමු සංවාදයට | පිටුවේ අන්තිමට|
|කෝපි කඩේ - miscellaneous නව මාතෘකාවන් එක්කරන්න|
|The miscellaneous section of the කෝපි කඩේ is used to post messages that do not fit into any other category. Please post on the policy, technical, or proposals pages, or - for assistance - at the help desk, rather than here, if at all appropriate. For general knowledge questions, please use the reference desk.||
|කරුණාකර ඔබේ පණිවුඩය සමග අත්සන හා කාලමුද්රාව යොදන්න (යතුරුලියනයෙන් ~~~~ හෝ සංස්කරණ කාර්යපටියේ අත්සන් බොත්තම ක්ලික් කිරීමෙන්: ). කරුණාකර මෙම පිටුවේ අවසානයට නව මාතෘකාවන් එක්කරන්න .|
- 1 The visual editor is now active here
- 2 RevisionSlider
- 3 Grants to improve your project
- 4 Creative Commons 4.0
- 5 Editing news n.3-2016
- 6 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)
- 7 විකිපීඩියා ආසියානු මාසය/තිලිණ
- 8 Password reset
- 9 Adding to the above section (Password reset)
- 10 Help test offline Wikipedia
- 11 New way to edit wikitext
- 12 Invitation for Office Hours with WMF's Global Reach team
- 13 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
The visual editor is now active here[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
Hello again. This message is only available in English at this time: Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has the visual editor (දෘශ්යසංස්කාරක) enabled for all registered users. The rollout to logged-out users will likely happen in a week or so.
For an explanation of how the editing system now works and how to choose/go back to your favorite setting, please see my previous announcement above. If you wish to change your editing system preferences now, this can be done from this link to your Preferences --> සංස්කරණය කිරීම් --> Editing mode:.
All edits using the visual editor will be tagged with "විෂුවල් එඩිටර්" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for the visual editor, click on the "(?)" icon in its toolbar.
Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues directly in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on at mw:VisualEditor/Feedback; by all means, feel free to also ping or contact me directly if you prefer. In case of emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), please contact James Forrester, the product manager, at email@example.com or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
Happy editing! Respectfully, Elitre (WMF) 19:16, 30 අගෝස්තු 2016 (යූටීසී)
PS: Are you seeing interface messages that are not in this wiki's language? Please fix this by providing translations here. Translations may be also provided for the user guide. Please contact me if you want guidance in contributing translations!
- Just a heads-up that rollout of the visual editor on this wiki is now complete. Please refer to my previous messages for details. You can read the "checklist" that was written to help communities like yours in their process of adapting the visual editor to their customs and needs. Best, Elitre (WMF) 18:38, 6 සැප්තැම්බර් 2016 (යූටීසී)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 15:08, 12 සැප්තැම්බර් 2016 (යූටීසී)
Grants to improve your project[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.
- Submit a grant request
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants or Project and Event Grants
Creative Commons 4.0[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
Hello! I'm writing from the Wikimedia Foundation to invite you to give your feedback on a proposed move from CC BY-SA 3.0 to a CC BY-SA 4.0 license across all Wikimedia projects. The consultation will run from October 5 to November 8, and we hope to receive a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Please, if you are interested, take part in the discussion on Meta-Wiki.
Apologies that this message is only in English. This message can be read and translated in more languages here. Joe Sutherland (talk) 01:35, 6 ඔක්තෝබර් 2016 (යූටීසී)
Editing news n.3-2016[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
Sorry for the delay in delivering this newsletter!
- Change or add a community page where the next issue is delivered
- Sign up personally
- Volunteer to provide translations in the future
Since the last newsletter, the VisualEditor Team has mainly worked on a new wikitext editor. They have also released some small features and the new map editing tool. Their workboard is available in Phabricator. You can find links to the list of work finished each week at mw:VisualEditor/Weekly triage meetings. Their current priorities are fixing bugs, releasing the 2017 wikitext editor as a beta feature, and improving language support.
Recent changes[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
- You can now set text as small or big.
- Invisible templates have been shown as a puzzle icon. Now, the name of the invisible template is displayed next to the puzzle icon. A similar feature will display the first part of hidden HTML comments.
- Categories are displayed at the bottom of each page. If you click on the categories, the dialog for editing categories will open.
- At many wikis, you can now add maps to pages. Go to the Insert menu and choose the "Maps" item. The Discovery department is adding more features to this area, like geoshapes. You can read more at mediawiki.org.
- The "Save" button now says "Save page" when you create a page, and "Save changes" when you change an existing page. In the future, the "පිටුව සුරකින්න" button will say "පිටුව පළ කරන්න". This will affect both the visual and wikitext editing systems. More information is available on Meta.
- Image galleries now use a visual mode for editing. You can see thumbnails of the images, add new files, remove unwanted images, rearrange the images by dragging and dropping, and add captions for each image. Use the "Options" tab to set the gallery's display mode, image sizes, and add a title for the gallery.
Future changes[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
The visual editor will be offered to all editors at the remaining 10 "Phase 6" Wikipedias during the next month. The developers want to know whether typing in your language feels natural in the visual editor. Please post your comments and the language(s) that you tested at the feedback thread on mediawiki.org. This will affect several languages, including Thai, Burmese and Aramaic.
The team is working on a modern wikitext editor. The 2017 wikitext editor will look like the visual editor and be able to use the citoid service and other modern tools. This new editing system may become available as a Beta Feature on desktop devices in October 2016. You can read about this project in a general status update on the Wikimedia mailing list.
Let's work together[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
- Do you teach new editors how to use the visual editor? Did you help set up the Citoid automatic reference feature for your wiki? Have you written or imported TemplateData for your most important citation templates? Would you be willing to help new editors and small communities with the visual editor? Please sign up for the new VisualEditor Community Taskforce.
- If you aren't reading this in your preferred language, then please help us with translations! Subscribe to the Translators mailing list or contact us directly, so that we can notify you when the next issue is ready. Thank you!
—Elitre (WMF) 21:23, 17 ඔක්තෝබර් 2016 (යූටීසී)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Foreign Affairs - Journal of international relations and U.S. foreign policy
- OpenEdition - Journals in the social sciences and humanities
- Édition Diffusion Presse Sciences - French and English language scientific journals
- ASHA - Speech–language–hearing journals
- Tilastopaja - Athletics statistics
- EBSCO - Many new databases added
- Taylor & Francis - Strategic, Defence & Security Studies collection
විකිපීඩියා ආසියානු මාසය/තිලිණ[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
විකිපීඩියා ආසියානු මාසය වෙනුවෙන් ගෝලීයව (ව්යපෘතිය දියත්වන විකිපීඩියා සියල්ලෙහි එකතුව) වැඩිම ලිපි ප්රමාණයක් ඉදිරිපත් කරනු ලබන පරිශීලකවරු තිදෙනා වෙත Wikimedia වෙතින් ටී-ෂර්ට් 3ක් ලබාදෙන බැව් දන්වා ඇත. ගෝලීය හොඳම දායකයන් 10දෙනාවෙතද සමරුතිලිණ ලබා දෙන බැව් දන්වා තිබේ. මේනිසා ඔබටත් සිංහල විකියතුලදී වැඩි ලිපි ප්රමාණයක් ඉදිරිපත් කර මෙම තිලිණ හිමිකර ගත හැකියි. ඔබට සුභ පැතුම්.--L Manju (talk) 05:12, 13 නොවැම්බර් 2016 (යූටීසී)
Password reset[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽
We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.
Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.
Adding to the above section (Password reset)[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
Help test offline Wikipedia[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
New way to edit wikitext[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --19:31, 14 දෙසැම්බර් 2016 (යූටීසී)
Invitation for Office Hours with WMF's Global Reach team[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
On behalf of Wikimedia Foundation’s Global Reach Team, we would like to invite all the South Asian Wikimedia communities to our office hours to discuss our work in the region.
Date: Thursday, 19th January 2017
Time: 16:00 UTC/21:30 IST
Duration: 1 hour
Google Hangout Location:
If you are not able to join the hangout, you can watch the live stream with a few seconds lag at
- Introduction of Global Reach Team and office hours
- Research around New Readers and our partnership themes
- Feedback for next office hours
We plan to hold these office hours at regular intervals. FYI, office hours for South East Asia and Central Asia/Eastern Europe will be held separately; given the size of communities, we needed to break down the regions.
Please feel free to add your questions, comments, and expectations in the Etherpad document shared above. You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for any clarification. Please help us translate and share this invitation in community social media channels to spread the word.
Ravishankar Ayyakkannu, Manager, Strategic Partnerships, Asia, Wikimedia Foundation --18:53, 17 ජනවාරි 2017 (යූටීසී)
- We thank everyone for participating in the Office hours with WMF's Global Reach team. Meeting notes can be found here. You can also watch the YouTube recording here.
- --Ravishankar Ayyakkannu, Manager, Strategic Partnerships, Asia, Wikimedia Foundation. 10:20, 1 පෙබරවාරි 2017 (යූටීසී)
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[සංස්කරණය කරන්න]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.