(ස්කොට් ජාතිකයෝ වෙතින් යළි-යොමු කරන ලදි)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|මෙම ලිපිය තවමත් අංකුර ලිපියකි. විකිපීඩියාවට උදවුවක් ලෙසින් ඔබ හට එය විහිදුවාලිය හැක.|
|c. 28–40 millionA|
|සැලකිය යුතු ජනගහනයක් සහිත ප්රදේශ|
|එක්සත් ජනපදB||6,006,955 Scottish|
|සැකිල්ල:Country data Northern IrelandE||760,620|
|සැකිල්ල:Country data Chile||80,000|
|සැකිල්ල:Country data Isle of Man||2,403|
|සැකිල්ල:Country data Hong KongG||1,459|
|English (Scottish English)|
Scottish Gaelic • Scots
|Presbyterianism, Roman Catholicism, Episcopalianism; other minority groups; agnostics, deists and atheists.|
|A These figures are estimates based on official|
census data of populations and official surveys of
B Scottish Americans and Scotch-Irish Americans.
C Scottish Canadians.
D Scottish born people in England only
G Number of people born in Scotland.
- "The Scottish Diaspora and Diaspora Strategy: Insights and Lessons from Ireland". Scottish Government. May 2009. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "Statistical Bulletins". scotlandscensus.gov.uk.
- "American Community Survey 2008 by the US Census Bureau estimates 5,827,046 people claiming Scottish ancestry and 3,538,444 people claiming Scotch-Irish ancestry". factfinder.census.gov.
- Who are the Scots-Irish?
- The 2006 Canadian Census gives a total of 4,719,850 respondents stating their ethnic origin as Scottish. Many respondents may have misunderstood the question and the numerous responses for "Canadian" does not give an accurate figure for numerous groups, particularly those of British Isles origins.
- "ABS Ancestry". 2012.
- Northern Ireland#Demography
- "SCOTLAND'S DIASPORA AND OVERSEAS-BORN POPULATION" (PDF). Scottish Government. May 2009. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- http://www.gov.scot/Resource/Doc/285746/0087034.pdf#Page=13 http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2009/09/24095045/3
- Friends Of Scotland
- The Ancestral Scotland website states the following: "Scotland is a land of 5.1 million people. A proud people, passionate about their country and her rich, noble heritage. For every single Scot in their native land, there are thought to be at least five more overseas who can claim Scottish ancestry; that's many millions spread throughout the globe."
- History, Tradition and roots, ancestry
- Visit Scotland.org