ද්වාරය:ඕස්ට්රේලියාව/Did you know
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ... that Troughman is mythically famous in Sydney, Australia for lying down in urinals?
- ... that Jordan Rankin, at 16 years and 238 days, is the youngest player to make his first-grade debut in Australian rugby league in over 70 years?
- ... that Reg Lindsay was an Australian Country and Western singer who won three Golden Guitars Awards and wrote more than five hundred songs in his fifty year music career?
- ... that the murder of Celia Douty was the first murder in Australia to be solved using DNA profiling, after remaining unsolved for 18 years?
- ...that the town of Bismarck in Tasmania was renamed Collinsvale due to anti-German sentiment during World War I?
- ...that Indigenous Australian activist Michael Mansell convinced Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi to officially recognise a separate Aboriginal Australian passport in order to draw international attention to the issue of native land rights?
- ...that Wally Koochew was the first VFL player of Chinese background?
- ...that Wing Commander Stanley Goble and Flying Officer Ivor McIntyre, piloting a single-engined seaplane (pictured), became the first men to circumnavigate Australia by air in 1924?
- ...that a series of storms in south-east Queensland spawned two of the most powerful supercells and tornadoes in recorded Australian history?
- ...that the lamington cake is believed to have been named after Charles Cochrane-Baillie, 2nd Baron Lamington, the Governor of Queensland at the time of its invention?
- ...that during the first seven years of the Australian edition of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? nobody won the top prize of one million dollars?