|538.8 ± 0.2 – 485.4 ± 1.9 Ma|
|Regional usage||Global (ICS)|
|Time scale(s) used||ICS Time Scale|
|First proposed by||Adam Sedgwick, 1835|
|Time span formality||Formal|
|Lower boundary definition||Appearance of the Ichnofossil Treptichnus pedum|
|Lower boundary GSSP||Fortune Head section, Newfoundland, Canada|
47°04′34″N 55°49′52″W / 47.0762°N 55.8310°W
|Upper boundary definition||FAD of the Conodont Iapetognathus fluctivagus.|
|Upper boundary GSSP||Greenpoint section, Green Point, Newfoundland, Canada|
49°40′58″N 57°57′55″W / 49.6829°N 57.9653°W
|Atmospheric and climatic data|
|Sea level above present day||Rising steadily from 4 m to 90 m|
Cambrian Period යනු Paleozoic යුගයේ පළමු කාලපරිච්ඡේදය, එනම් වසර මිලියන 539-485 කට පෙර යුගය වේ.
Stromatolites of the Pika Formation (Middle Cambrian) near Helen Lake, Banff National Park, Canada
Trilobites were very common during this time
Anomalocaris was an early marine predator, among the various arthropods of the time
Opabinia was a creature with an unusual body plan; it was probably related to arthropods
Pikaia was a stem-chordate from the Middle Cambrian
Protichnites were the trackways of arthropods that walked Cambrian beaches
Hallucigenia sparsa was a member of group lobopodian, that is considered to related to modern velvet worms.
Cambroraster falcatus was a large arthropod for the era
- Cambrian–Ordovician extinction event – circa 488 mya
- Dresbachian extinction event—circa 499 mya
- End Botomian extinction event—circa 513 mya
- List of fossil sites (with link directory)
- Type locality (geology), the locality where a particular rock type, stratigraphic unit, fossil or mineral species is first identified
සැකිල්ල:Cambrian preservational modes
- ↑ Brasier, Martin; Cowie, John; Taylor, Michael. "Decision on the Precambrian-Cambrian boundary stratotype" (PDF). Episodes. 17. සම්ප්රවේශය 6 December 2020.
- ↑ Cooper, Roger; Nowlan, Godfrey; Williams, S. H. (March 2001). "Global Stratotype Section and Point for base of the Ordovician System" (PDF). Episodes. 24 (1): 19–28. doi:10.18814/epiiugs/2001/v24i1/005. සම්ප්රවේශය 6 December 2020.
- ↑ Haq, B. U.; Schutter, SR (2008). "A Chronology of Paleozoic Sea-Level Changes". Science. 322 (5898): 64–8. Bibcode:2008Sci...322...64H. doi:10.1126/science.1161648. PMID 18832639. S2CID 206514545.
- සැකිල්ල:In Our Time
- Biostratigraphy – includes information on Cambrian trilobite biostratigraphy
- Dr. Sam Gon's trilobite pages (contains numerous Cambrian trilobites)
- Examples of Cambrian Fossils
- Paleomap Project
- Report on the web on Amthor and others from Geology vol. 31
- Weird Life on the Mats
- Chronostratigraphy scale v.2018/08 | Cambrian