This page answers some questions related to Administrators on Wikipedia.
See also: Wikipedia:Administrators
How do policies get decided?[සංස්කරණය]
- Wikipedia:Policies and guidelines describes how Wikipedia arrives at its policies and guidelines through a process of discussion and consensus. Discussion takes place in the mailing lists and in the various policy pages which form part of the "Wikipedia:" namespace.
පරිපාලක යනු කවරෙක්ද? sysop යනු කවරෙක්ද?[සංස්කරණය]
- Two words for the same thing. An administrator is simply a Wikipedian who can access the few restricted Wikipedia software functions: deleting articles and uploaded files, protecting and unprotecting pages, and blocking and unblocking IP addresses. The software internally uses the string "sysop" to flag their accounts, perhaps one reason that term is used. They tend to be friendly folks that are willing to help you, if you post on their "talk page". See the current list of administrators.
How can I become an administrator?[සංස්කරණය]
- First, you need a user account. Then, make useful edits over a period of time. In this way, you prove to the community that you are here in good faith. Read Wikipedia:Guide to requests for adminship. If you feel you meet the standards set out there, you can add your name to Wikipedia:Requests for adminship, in accordance with the nomination process. If the community agrees that you're what they want in an admin, then, voilà! Be sure to read administrators' reading list, Wikipedia:Administrators, deletion policy, protection policy, and blocking policy, and use your new "powers" with caution.
Who monitors the conduct of an administrator?[සංස්කරණය]
- Administrators monitor each other; nearly all admin powers are completely reversible by any other admin (including page deletions, lockings, and IP bannings). The Arbitration Committee also has the power to discipline administrators, and has done so in several cases. In a truly rare case the Wikimedia Board of Trustees could step in. You can report problems with admins misusing their privileges at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard.
How can I unban an IP?[සංස්කරණය]
- Administrators can go to Special:Ipblocklist and click on "unblock" as required. Developers can unblock multiple IPs at once.