Welcome Student.IRQUE.UOC to Sinhalese Wikipedia!
Thank you for your contributions to Sinhalese Wikipedia!
You truly seem to have a genuine interest in this Wiki project and I hope it will blossom into something great. I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you need help, just ask me on my talk page.
Enjoy! --Jose77 06:02, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
Ayubowan, Student.IRQUE.UOC! I am wondering if you could help me translate a very short stub version of 1 or 2 sentences of this article for the සිංහල wikipedia? Thank you very much for any help you could provide. I hope to hear from you.
Yours, Charuka 19:14, 26 ජනවාරි 2008 (UTC)
Currently, we're very slowly translating the MediaWiki interface so pages like recentchanges and history show up in Sinhalese.
It occurs to me that while we're making headway, that headway is limited to us. When another Wiki decides to have its messages in this language, they will have to translate all the system messages again. From scratch. If they know better, they'll realize that we have many system messages translated, and could copy-paste each message, by hand.
In submitting the namespace translations to the developers, they suggested that it would be far more efficient to visit betawiki: and perform our translations there. Once we've finished, future projects will not have to re-translate every page like we've worked on, they can simply download the .po (translations) file that we've made and install it, and the work will be finished. Every project, including ours, will benefit from this.
I'm inviting our most active users to join me on betawiki to translate the system messages as quickly as possible, both to make things easier on Sinhalese-native speakers on this wiki, and for future wikis in this language.
Hiya! I've noticed you're uploading quite a few images. You may wish to upload them to commons: or use images already existing there if you haven't seen it already. I think it'd be quite helpful to you. Kylu (speak!) 07:30, 2 මාර්තු 2008 (UTC)
- I've been asked by a steward  (that is, the people who "run" the non-employee side of Wikipedia) to ask you to please start adding source and license information to the images you upload, that way Wikipedians from other wikis can determine if they're usable elsewhere. Are they all from one source? Are they GFDL or another license? If you need any help tagging, let me know. Kylu (speak!) 04:38, 1 අප්රේල් 2008 (UTC)
Image Upload Issue[සංස්කරණය]
Hi, I believe this account is used by all the students at your center; isn't it? I need to get in contact with someone who can educate you all on the policies of wikipedia. If you are a student please ask your supervisor to contact me through my talk page or e-mail me through wikipedia. --Lee 07:53, 26 ජූලි 2008 (UTC)
First of all I would like to apologies if this create any problem in the Wikipedia article domain.
This was a test experiment for the problem of not allowing to creating multiple accounts from the same IP for each and every student. Since all the university people are using the same proxy (220.127.116.11), students are not allowed to create their own separate accounts.
So what I did was just created a common account and gave it to final year under graduate to upload their articles to wiki. What has happened here is all the 50 students has accessed the wiki at the same time during their lab session and has uploaded several articles to wiki. This may have happen several times. So you must be wondering all are accessing at the same time. Well the maximum connection per session would be 50 students.
I need your suggestions to solve this problem in order for students to have multiple accounts.
Thanks for mentioning the copy right law for image uploading. I will explain this to students and will instruct them to include the original source of the relevant image.
IRQUE Computer Centre 14:26, 12 අගෝස්තු 2008 (UTC)
- If I may help: The instructor(s) could create accounts, then we could give them sysop permission, which would allow them to create an unlimited number of accounts. The instructors could then create the student accounts for the students and would have the added benefit of having access to the other sysop tools (delete, for instance, in case of accidental page creation). I would certainly be willing to support this. If there are reservations about this, it's also possible to create an "account creator" permission which allows unlimited account creation without granting the other sysop tools. The first option, granting sysop, merely takes local voting, where the second takes discussion and putting a request in to the developers.
- Knowing what's going on, now, I've added that IP address to the විකිමාධ්ය:Autoblock whitelist, which will help prevent future problems. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. Just as long as it doesn't involve content creation in Sinhalese. :) Kylu (speak!) 18:17, 12 අගෝස්තු 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for looking in to the matter and as Kylu has mentioned I believe now the issue should be solved regarding the account creation; isn't it? Please verify it and let us know. If there are any further queries please do no hesitate to ask. --Lee 15:00, 13 අගෝස්තු 2008 (UTC)
දෙමළ මහා සෑය[සංස්කරණය]
ඔබ විසින් උඩුගත කොට ඇති ඡායාරූපයේ දැක්වෙන්නේ දෙමළ මහා සෑය නොව, පොළොන්නරුවේ රන්කොත් වෙහෙර යි. කරුණාකර එය නිවැරදි කරනු මැනවි. ස්තුතියි! (18.104.22.168 16:06, 28 අගෝස්තු 2008 (UTC))
Dr.Nissanka Wijeyeratne to Sinhala[සංස්කරණය]
Pl help to translate Dr.Nissanka Wijeyeratne to Sinhala
Kindly go to below web page on Internet & open
Image Copyright ?[සංස්කරණය]
Can you please verify image copyright sources of this image?
Otherwise image will be delete due the copyright issues.
Note: Can you use this image as a substitute.Rock cycle image form Commons
Best --Asiri 05:24, 9 ඔක්තෝබර් 2008 (UTC)
Images on commons.[සංස්කරණය]
We have a system on Wikimedia that allows you to use pictures located on Commons without having to upload it here. If you find a picture there, you can link to it as if it were already here. Thank you. Kylu (speak!) 01:02, 10 මාර්තු 2009 (යූටීසී)
පරිශීලක:Student.IRQUE.UOC විසින් තැනුණු පූංචි සීගිරිය ලිපියෙහි අන්තර්ගතය කොපි කොට තම නමින් බතලේගල නමින් නව ලිපියකට කවා පැරැණි ලිපියෙහි අන්තර්ගතය මකා දමා එහි බතලේගල වෙත යළි-යොමුවක් බහා ලමින් මුල් පරියේෂණාත්මක ලිපියෙහි සියළු ගෞරවය වංචනික ලෙස ඩැහැගැනුමට තරම් සැහැසි වීමෙන් හා තුච්ඡ ලෙස හැසිරීමෙන් පරිශීලක:Singhalawap විසින් සිංහල විකිපීඩියානුවකු වීමට ඔහු නොසුදුසු බව මනාව ප්රදික්ෂිණා කොට ඇත. ඔහු නෙරපා දැමිය යුතු බවට යෝජනා කරමි.හෙළසෙබළ 15:41, 31 මාර්තු 2009 (යූටීසී)
- It seems the way he did is not the usual way we do things in wikipedia. But before we start blaming him for not being a proper Sinhala wikipedian I would like to hear his side of the story as well. May be he didn’t know that the same thing can be achieved in a more nice manner if he just moved the page. Thanks හෙළසෙබළ, for pointing this out. I’ll get in contact with him to get the story from his side.--Lee 04:30, 1 අප්රේල් 2009 (යූටීසී)
- Sorry for getting into a conflict with you honourable Sir!! I am sure of talking sense. First with proof I showed you (and the community) what Singhalawap had done to පූංචි සීගිරිය. You yourself admitted the correct way was to move the page (keeping the revision history, and the credit of researching and creating the article intact). Later I pointed out what anonymous user 22.214.171.124 had done to article සත්ත්ව විද්යාව. The anonymous user had foot-prints of Singhalawap all over. There was no question that both were the same. What I didn't realize when making these complaints was that the user Sinhalawap was of favoured clan, having received some revolving star from a fellow administrator of Sinhala Wiki. This may be the reason for this sudden U-turm. However I would want you to keep your promise that you would ask Singhalawap the story from his side. Please publicize the story for the benefit for all the users. May all the users follow the great user Sinhalawap. May all gods bless the Sinhala Wikiහෙළසෙබළ 14:18, 2 අප්රේල් 2009 (යූටීසී)