|ප්රථම නිකුතුව||සැප්තැම්බර් 2007|
|ස්ථාවර නිකුතුව||0.9 / ජූලි 19, 2010|
Transifex is an open source platform for localization. It is a service offering users with an easy-to-use interface to submit translations to various projects hosted on a number of hosting platform types. The name literally means "translation-builder" (from the latin verb facere).
Transifex supports translating projects that use the GNU gettext (.po file) format. Users can either submit files directly, or can use the web interface for translations. Translations are automatically imported from an upstream revision control source, and can be submitted upstream either by email, or committed directly into the revision control system.
සහාය දක්වන නිකුතු පාලන පද්ධති [සංස්කරණය]
Transifex can use the following sources to import and commit translation files:
||This section appears to be written like an advertisement. Please help improve it by rewriting promotional content from a neutral point of view and removing any inappropriate external links. (April 2010)|
What started as a Google Summer of Code project to solve a specific Fedora Project problem has evolved to be a complete movement backed by a new start-up business, Indifex. The creator of Transifex, Dimitris Glezos, has worked since 2007 evangelizing the Indifex vision of l10n and i18n tools. As of November 2009, the hosted site Transifex.net had over 600 project translations hosted across 103 languages, including Django, Ekiga, Empathy, F-Spot, PackageKit, and a number of GNOME projects. It is used directly by other projects, such as http://translate.moblin.org and http://translations.xfce.org.
- Dimitris started project in 2007 within GSoC, mentored by Karsten Wade.
- Dimitris mentored one student in 2008, with another Indifex founder as a student on a second project (mentored by Asgeir Frimannsson).
- Technology change to Django, one student (Christos Trochalakis) an ongoing Django contributor.
- Other student (Diego Zacarão) Indifex co-founder and co-maintainer of translate.fedoraproject.org.
- Indifex team grew project through hands-on building of relationships, technology innovation, and appropriate standing on shoulders
- Formed Indifex and Transifex.net. Transifex.net operates similar to Wordpress.com, offering no-cost translation interfacing for FLOSS projects.
- Transifex 0.7 "Pyro" includes web-based translation tool (LOTTE), released 22 August 2009.
Notable uses [සංස්කරණය]
- Django and Django-cms
- MeeGo (merge of Moblin and Maemo)
- Creative Commons
- Mercurial and BitBucket
- And various other smaller open-source projects such as RPM, Yum, PackageKit, Pulseaudio, Midnight Commander, Cherokee, etc.
See also [සංස්කරණය]
- Transifex | Frequently Asked Questions
- Developers | Django CMS Describes tools used by Django, including Transifex.