විකිපීඩියා:තෝරාගත් සංවත්සර/මැයි 6
විකිපීඩියා, නිදහස් විශ්වකෝෂය වෙතින්
- 1536 – The army of Inca Emperor Manco Inca Yupanqui began a 10-month siege of Cuzco against a garrison of Spanish conquistadors and Indian auxiliaries led by Hernando Pizarro.
- 1757 – English poet Christopher Smart was admitted into St Luke's Hospital for Lunatics in ලන්ඩනය, beginning his six-year confinement to mental asylums.
- 1782 – Construction began on the Grand Palace of Bangkok, the official residence of the King of Thailand.
- 1991 – Time magazine published "The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power", an article highly critical of the Scientology organization, leading to years of legal conflict which ended when the Church of Scientology's petition for a writ of certiorari to the Supreme Court of the United States in the case was denied in 2001.
- 2002 – Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn (pictured) was assassinated by animal rights and environmental activist Volkert van der Graaf in Hilversum.